Howdy my Friday friends! Have you been writing? Did you send any of your work out? Try any reviews? Here’s some recapping for me:
- Recently a “back story” blog I wrote for Rose & Thorn Journal appeared. Love this idea of giving the story behind the poem they previously published.
- I did submit my first set of poems for the year!
- My once (and future?) publisher Sibling Rivalry has several shout outs in the terrific Tuck Magazine. Ya’ll remember Val B Russell who used to stop by here? That’s her baby! The shout outs included a review of Fat Girl.
- I managed to draft one poem – which is below. Not sure why I am being so provocative lately?
- Also finished the print issue of UCity Review’s summer issue. I had two poems in the issue but big shout out to Jim Valvis who was a featured poet for the issue. I especially liked his poems “The Grindstone” and “The Golden Age.”
- Andrea Beltran (who sometimes stops by here as well!) wrote a short review for Goodreads after picking up the eVersion of The Wait of Atom.
- If you haven’t been reading Hippocampus Magazine, you should! Hippo . . . is an online non-fiction publication with terrific stuff.
- And last in this list is a poem I read in Poetry Daily.
- Otherwise – gearing up for the start of the semester on Monday. Hoping I have more time to write, submit my work, and promote my work this semester!
Here is my poem for the week.
–and that poem is down so I can revise it :)
As always, I want to hear what you guys have been doing and I’m always open to comments on what I post here. All poems posted (my own and those in comments) will be taken down one week from today.